||Both the Grade 2, Dash For Cash Futurity and Derby Headline Saturday's Race Card at Lone Star Park
(Grand Prairie, Texas - Friday, October 1, 2021) - Saturday night is going to be a big night for American Quarter Horses. Four stakes are on the 12-race card. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6.05 p.m. And the star attractions will be the $414,995 Dash for Cash Futurity (G2) and the $205,200 Dash for Cash Derby (G2). Two other stakes on the card are the $27,676 Q-Racing Video Distaff Challenge and the $46,110 Dash for Cash Juvenile Stakes.
Grade 2, $414,995 Dash for Cash Futurity
The field for the Futurity features 10 juveniles with the fastest times from trial races two weeks ago. They are, with post position, jockey, trainer and morning line odds:
- Smokey Ice, Francisco Calderon, Rolando Almanza, 20-1
- Inspyre, Rodrigo Sigala. Vallejo, M. Heath Taylor, 4-1
- Dashing Movement, Victor Manuel Urieta, Jr., Alonso Neri, 20-1
- Tf Mr Jess Candy, Nestor Duran, Alvin Francis, Jr., 8-1
- Cali Chrome, Jose R. Hebert, Juan Diaz, Jr., 8-1
- Lucky Dice, David A. Alvarez, Roberto G. Madrigal, 5-2
- Lethal Jet, Mario Delgado, James J. Gonzales, III, 7-2
- Koalition, Gilbert Ortiz, M. Heath Taylor, 20-1
- Edward Ashley, Ricky Ramirez, James J. Gonzales III, 5-1
- Tempted to Celebrate, Ricardo Garza-Cruz, Rolando Almanza, 10-1
Lucky Dice was the fastest qualifier from the trials. The Dash for Cash Futurity is the 11th race on the card. Post time is approximately 10:45 p.m.
Grade 2, $205,200 Dash for Cash Derby
Ten sophomores make up the field for the Dash for Cash Derby. Fastest qualifier was Famous Chief. Jockey Bryan Candanosa qualified three of the entries on trial night and has chosen to ride the lightly raced Big Dynasty in the final. The derby is the 10th race. Here is the field:
- Hes Innocent, Everardo Rodriguez, Martin Trejo, 3-1
- Diane to Be a Hero, Raul Ramirez, Jr., Hector R. Alcala, 4-1
- Da Devil Made Medoit, Jerry Lee Yoakum, Lewis R. Tooter Jordan, 6-1
- Ap a Special Takeoff, Victor Manuel Urieta, Jr., Alonso Neri, 8-1
- Famous Chief, Gilbert Ortiz, Eric Long, 7-2
- Big Dynasty, Bryan Candanosa, Eric Long, 10-1
- Sanidee, Francisco Calderon, Juan L. Vazquez, 12-1
- Blame the Fed, Jose R. Herbert, Juan Diaz, Jr., 12-1
- Won Famous Dash, Ricardo Garza-Cruz, Rolando Almanza, 15-1
- Bad Monkey, Cody R. Smith, James E. Lackey, 15-1
Bad Monkey is the only horse in the field that qualified for and ran in the Dash for Cash Futurity Last year. Post time for the Derby is approximately 10:17 p.m.
Race eight is the $27,676 Q-Racing video Distaff Challenge. Post time is at 9:21 p.m.
The ninth is the $46,110 Dash for Cash Juvenile Stakes. Post time is 9:49 p.m.