|Retama to Host Hurricane Katrina Relief
Drive on Friday, September 9
On Friday, September 9, is Hurricane
Katrina Relief Drive Night at Retama Park. The drive is to aid victims
evacuated from their homes due to Hurricane Katrina and relocated to the
San Antonio area. Donations can be made in the Retama Park grandstand.
Officials of the relief effort in the Alamo City are requesting the following
- Baby food and baby products
- Canned formula and diapers are needed
- Canned food drinks like Ensure to help the elderly and sick
- Personal Hygiene products for men and women
- Cash is also requested as Food Bank officials report $15 of food can
be purchased for each $1 donated.
Please do not bring glass containers, homemade food, or clothes.
Retama Park patrons who bring relief times receive free admission Friday
The Texas Horsemen's Partnership encourages all horsemen and racing fans
in the San Antonio area to participate in Retama Park's Hurricane Relief
Drive Night. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.